The Resource What would Gandhi do?
- What would Gandhi do?
- Statement of responsibility
- Michael Kirby
- trueAnimal rights
- trueAnimal rights -- Moral and ethical aspects
- trueClimate change -- Moral and ethical aspects
- Climatic changes -- Moral and ethical aspects
- Gandhi, Mahatma, , 1869-1948 -- Political and social views
- trueWomen's rights
- Women's rights -- Moral and ethical aspects
- Gandhi, Mahatma, 1869-1948 -- Influence
- truePolitical ethics
- trueSexual ethics
- trueSocial ethics
- Regarded as the Father of the Nation in India and globally as the most successful exponent of nonviolent civil disobedience, Mahatma Gandhi is known as a symbol of wisdom and compassion. Former High Court Justice Michael Kirby, himself a tireless advocate for non-discrimination and human rights, here shows the applicability of Gandhi's views on some of the world's most pressing current issues: women's rights, climate change, animal rights and sex and sexuality. Adapted from Kirby's 2013 University of New South Wales Gandhi Oration, What Would Gandhi Do? shows how remarkably useful Gandhi's insights remain when confronting the world's challenges
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Penguin specials
ContextContext of What would Gandhi do?
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work What would Gandhi do?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/LnhUHGdrpno/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/LnhUHGdrpno/">What would Gandhi do?</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="https://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>