The Resource That deadman dance
- That deadman dance
- Statement of responsibility
- Kim Scott
- Title variation
- That dead man dance
- trueHistorical fiction
- trueAustralia -- History -- 19th century
- Western Australia -- Social life and customs -- Fiction
- trueNyunga (Australian people)
- trueWestern Australia -- Race relations
- trueAustralian fiction
- trueColonial Australia (1788-1901) -- 1788 -- 1901
- trueGreat Britain -- Colonies
- Western Australia -- Race relations | Fiction
- Aboriginal Australians -- Western Australia -- History -- Fiction
- Nyungar (Australian people) -- History -- Fiction
- trueAboriginal Australians, Treatment of
- trueAboriginal Australians -- Relations with whites -- 19th century
- trueAboriginal Australians -- Western Australia -- History
- trueAustralia -- Race relations
- trueColonized peoples -- Australia
- Explores the early contact between the Aboriginal Noongar people and the first European settlers. A young Noongar man named Bobby Wabalanginy who is clever, resourceful and eager to please, befriends the new arrivals. But slowly things begin to change. Not everyone is happy with how the colony is developing
- Adelaide Festival Award for Fiction (South Australia), 2012.
- Adelaide Festival Awards (South Australia), Premier's Award, 2012.
- Australian Literature Society Gold Medal, 2011.
- Commonwealth Writers' Prize, South East Asia and South Pacific: Best Book, 2011.
- Miles Franklin Award, 2011.
- NSW Premier's Literary Awards, Book of the Year, 2012.
- NSW Premier's Literary Awards, Christina Stead Prize for Fiction, 2012.
- Victorian Premier's Literary Awards, Vance Palmer Prize for Fiction, 2011.
- Victorian Premier's Literary Awards, Victorian Prize for Literature, 2011.
- Western Australian Premier's Book Awards, Fiction category, 2010.
- Western Australian Premier's Book Awards, Premier's Prize, 2010.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of That deadman dance
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work That deadman dance
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/y9FDaRoXxAs/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/y9FDaRoXxAs/">That deadman dance</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>