The Resource All that I am : a novel
- All that I am : a novel
- Title remainder
- a novel
- Statement of responsibility
- Anna Funder
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueGermany -- Politics and government -- 1933-1945
- trueHistorical fiction
- Sydney (N.S.W.) -- Fiction
- trueGermany -- Politics and government -- 1918-1933
- trueAustralian fiction
- trueResistance to government
- trueLondon, England -- Social conditions -- 20th century
- trueAnti-Nazi movement
- trueWar stories
- trueParallel narratives
- trueRadicals -- Germany
- trueNazism -- Germany
- truePolitical refugees -- London, England
- trueBetween the Wars (1918-1939) -- 1918 -- 1939
- true1930s -- 1930 -- 1939
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Fiction
- "Ruth Becker, defiant and cantankerous, is living out her days in the eastern suburbs of Sydney. She has made an uneasy peace with the ghosts of her past - and a part of history that has been all but forgotten. Another lifetime away, it's 1939 and the world is going to war. Ernst Toller, self-doubting revolutionary and poet, sits in a New York hotel room settling up the account of his life. When Toller's story arrives on Ruth's doorstep their shared past slips under her defences, and she's right back among them - those friends who predicted the brutality of the Nazis and gave everything they had to stop them. Those who were tested - and in some cases found wanting - in the face of hatred, of art, of love, and of history." -- Book cover
- Australian Book Industry Awards, Book of the Year, 2012.
- Australian Book Industry Awards, Literary Fiction Book of the Year, 2012.
- Barbara Jefferis Award, 2012.
- Miles Franklin Award, 2012.
- Nielsen BookData Australian Booksellers’ Choice Award, 2012.
- Western Australian Premier's Book Awards, Fiction category, 2011.
- Western Australian Premier's Book Awards, People's Choice, 2011.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of All that I am : a novel
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work All that I am : a novel
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/uuf18GmUqIU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/uuf18GmUqIU/">All that I am : a novel</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>