The Resource My Sister's Keeper
- My Sister's Keeper
- Statement of responsibility
- Jodi Picoult
- Title variation
- My sisters keeper
- trueDomestic fiction
- trueParent and child
- General Fiction
- trueSixteen-year-old girls
- trueDonation of organs, tissues, etc
- trueSuing (Law)
- trueFamily relationships
- trueYoung men
- trueThirteen-year-old girls
- trueMainstream fiction
- trueAdult books for young adults
- truePeople with leukemia
- trueFormer lawyers
- trueMultiple perspectives
- trueBooks to movies
- Anna is not sick, but she might as well be. By age thirteen, she has undergone countless surgeries, transfusions and shots so that her older sister, Kate, can somehow fight the leukemia that has plagued her since childhood. Anna was conceived as a bone marrow match for Kate a life and a role that she has never questioned until now. Like most teenagers, Anna is beginning to ask herself who she truly is. But unlike most teenagers, she has always been defined in terms of her sister - and so Anna makes a decision that for most would be unthinkable a decision that will tear her family apart and have perhaps fatal consequences for the sister she loves. Told from multiple points of view, My Sister's Keeper examines what it means to be a good parent, a good sister, a good person. Is it morally correct to do whatever it takes to save a child's life . . . even if that means infringing upon the rights of another? Should you follow your own heart, or let others lead you?
- Abraham Lincoln Illinois High School Book Award, 2006.
- Alex Award, 2005.
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), High School, 2007.
- Booklist Editors' Choice: Adult Books for Young Adults, 2004.
- Heartland Award, 2006.
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards, Young Adult, 2007.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for High School, 2007.
- School Library Journal Best Books: Best Adult Books 4 Teens, 2005.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of My Sister's Keeper
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work My Sister's Keeper
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/quVVV_-Agps/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/quVVV_-Agps/">My Sister's Keeper</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>