The Resource Wonder
- Statement of responsibility
- by R.J. Palacio
- trueRealistic fiction
- trueMiddle schools
- trueMiddle school students
- trueTen-year-old boys
- trueBoys with disfigurements
- trueSelf-acceptance in boys
- Lifestyle - Wellbeing
- trueFirst person narratives
- trueMultiple perspectives
- trueBooks to movies
- trueBirth defects
- Children's Fiction
- trueKindness in children
- My name is August. I won't describe what I look like. Whatever you're thinking, it's probably worse.'Auggie wants to be an ordinary ten-year-old. He does ordinary things - eating ice cream, playing on his Xbox. He feels ordinary - inside. But ordinary kids don't make other ordinary kids run away screaming in playgrounds. Ordinary kids aren't stared at wherever they go.Born with a terrible facial abnormality, Auggie has been home-schooled by his parents his whole life. Now, for the first time, he's being sent to a real school - and he's dreading it. All he wants is to be accepted - but can he convince his new classmates that he's just like them, underneath it all?Now featuring a brand-new chapter told by bully Julian, WONDER is a funny, frank, astonishingly moving debut to read in one sitting, pass on to others, and remember long after the final page
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2013
- Beehive Children's Fiction Book Award (Utah), 2014.
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), Grades 6-9, 2014.
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2012
- Bluestem Award: Illinois' Grades 3-5 Readers' Choice Award, 2014.
- Buckeye Children's Book Award (Ohio), Grades 3-5, 2013.
- California Young Reader Medal, Intermediate, 2015.
- Charlotte Award (New York), Middle School, 2014.
- Colorado Children's Book Award, Junior Book, 2014.
- E.B. White Read-Aloud Awards, Middle Reader (formerly Indies' Choice Book Awards, Middle Reader), 2013.
- Flicker Tale Children's Book Award (North Dakota) for Juvenile Fiction, 2014.
- Georgia Children's Book Award, 2014.
- Golden Archer Awards (Wisconsin): Intermediate, 2015.
- Golden Sower Award (Nebraska), Grades 4-6, 2014.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Intermediate Book Category, 2015.
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 6-8, 2013.
- Great Stone Face Children's Book Award (New Hampshire), 2013
- Indian Paintbrush Book Award (Wyoming), 2014.
- Josette Frank Award, 2013.
- Kentucky Bluegrass Award for Grades 3-5, 2014.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico), Children's category, 2014.
- Maine Student Book Award, 2014.
- Mark Twain Award (Missouri), 2015.
- Nene Award (Hawaii), 2015.
- North Carolina Children's Book Award, Junior Books category, 2014.
- Prairie Pasque Children's Book Award (South Dakota), 2014.
- Rebecca Caudill Young Reader's Book Award (Illinois), 2014.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2012.
- South Carolina Book Award, Children’s Books, 2014.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for Middle School, 2014.
- West Australian Young Readers' Book Award (WAYRBA), Younger Readers, 2013.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Intermediate Books, 2015.
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest), Junior, 2015.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Wonder
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Wonder
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/okvGBeK-GKg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/okvGBeK-GKg/">Wonder</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>