The Resource True history of the Kelly Gang
- True history of the Kelly Gang
- Statement of responsibility
- Peter Carey
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueIrish in Australia
- trueOutlaws -- Australia
- trueHistorical fiction
- trueAustralia -- History -- 19th century
- trueBiographical fiction
- Classical fiction
- truePolice misconduct
- trueKelly, Ned, 1855-1880
- true1870s -- 1870 -- 1879
- trueAustralian fiction
- Kelly, Ned, 1855-1880 -- Fiction
- trueBank robbers -- Australia
- trueNew South Wales -- History -- 19th century
- Bushrangers -- Australia -- Fiction
- trueAdult books for young adults
- trueFirst person narratives
- trueDiary novels
- trueVictoria -- History -- 19th century
- In True History of the Kelly Gang, the legendary Ned Kelly speaks for himself, scribbling his narrative on errant scaps of paper in semi-literate but magically descriptive prose as he flees from the police. To his pursuers Kelly is nothing but a monstrous criminal, a thief, and a murdererer. To his own people a hero, defying the authority of the English who direct their lives
- Adelaide Festival Award for Fiction (South Australia), 2002.
- Age Fiction or Imaginative Writing Award, 2001.
- ALA Notable Book, 2002.
- Booker Prize, 2001.
- Colin Roderick Award (Australia), 2000.
- Commonwealth Writers' Prize for Best Book, 2001.
- Commonwealth Writers' Prize, South East Asia and South Pacific: Best Book, 2001.
- Library Journal Best Books, 2001.
- Queensland Premier's Literary Awards, Fiction Book Award, 2001.
- South Australian Premier's Award for Literature, 2002.
- Victorian Premier's Literary Awards, Vance Palmer Prize for Fiction, 2001.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Vintage Carey
- Target audience
ContextContext of True history of the Kelly Gang
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work True history of the Kelly Gang
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/nxIsS5rUzxs/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/nxIsS5rUzxs/">True history of the Kelly Gang</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>