The Resource Book Club in a Box : Rush oh!
- Book Club in a Box : Rush oh!
- Title remainder
- Rush oh!
- Statement of responsibility
- Shirley Barrett
- Whalers (Persons) -- New South Wales | Eden -- Fiction
- trueYoung women
- trueHistorical fiction
- Australian fiction -- 21st century
- trueAustralia -- History -- 20th century
- trueAustralian fiction
- trueOcean travel
- Whalers (Persons) -- Fiction
- trueFirst person narratives
- Whaling -- New South Wales | Eden -- Fiction
- true1900s (Decade) -- 1900 -- 1909
- Whaling -- Australia -- Fiction
- When the eldest daughter of a whaling family in Eden, New South Wales, sets out to chronicle the particularly difficult season of 1908, the story she tells is poignant and hilarious, filled with drama and misadventure. Swinging from her own hopes and disappointments, both domestic and romantic, to the challenges that beset their tiny whaling operation, Mary's tale is entirely relatable despite the hundred-odd years that separate her world from ours. Chronicling her family's struggle to survive the season and her own attempts to navigate an all-consuming crush on an itinerant whaleman with a murky past, Rush Oh! is also a celebration of an extraordinary episode in Australian history when a family of whalers formed a fond, unique allegiance with a pod of Killer whales - and in particular, a Killer whale named Tom
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Book Club in a Box : Rush oh!
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Book Club in a Box : Rush oh!
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/leT4jZ0WC70/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/leT4jZ0WC70/">Book Club in a Box : Rush oh!</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>