The Resource Book Club in a Box : Eleanor & Park
- Book Club in a Box : Eleanor & Park
- Statement of responsibility
- by Rainbow Rowell
- Title variation
- Eleanor and Park
- Dating (Social customs) -- Fiction
- trueWorking class teenagers
- trueLove stories
- Omaha (Neb.) -- History -- 20th century -- Fiction
- Young adult book club in a box
- Young adult fiction
- trueHistorical fiction
- trueMultiracial teenage boys
- trueBooks for reluctant readers
- trueOmaha, Nebraska -- Social life and customs -- 20th century
- Love -- Fiction
- trueMisfits (Persons)
- trueDysfunctional families
- true1980s -- 1980 -- 1989
- trueTeen chick lit
- trueTeenage boy/girl relations
- High schools -- Fiction
- trueRomance fiction
- trueHigh school students
- Schools -- Fiction
- trueRomantic love
- Interpersonal relations -- Fiction
- trueFirst loves
- First loves -- Fiction
- trueMultiple perspectives
- Eleanor is the new girl in town, and she's never felt more alone. All mismatched clothes, mad red hair and chaotic home life, she couldn't stick out more if she tried. Then she takes the seat on the bus next to Park. Quiet, careful and - in Eleanor's eyes - impossibly cool, Park's worked out that flying under the radar is the best way to get by. Slowly, steadily, through late-night conversations and an ever-growing stack of mix tapes, Eleanor and Park fall in love. They fall in love the way you do the first time, when you're 16, and you have nothing and everything to lose. Set over the course of one school year in 1986, Eleanor and Park is funny, sad, shocking and true - an exquisite nostalgia trip for anyone who has never forgotten their first love
- Abraham Lincoln Illinois High School Book Award, 2015.
- Black-Eyed Susan Book Award (Maryland), High School, 2015.
- Blue Hen Book Award (Delaware) for Teen Books, 2015.
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2013
- Boston Globe-Horn Book Award for Fiction and Poetry, 2013.
- Garden State Teen Book Award (New Jersey), Fiction (Grades 9-12), 2016.
- Georgia Peach Book Award for Teen Readers, 2015.
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2013.
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Young Adult, 2014.
- International Reading Association Children's Book Award for Young Adult Fiction, 2014.
- Iowa High School Book Award, 2015.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico): Black bears (Grades 9-12), 2017.
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards, Young Adult, 2015.
- Rhode Island Teen Book Award, 2015.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2013.
- Thumbs Up! Award (Michigan), 2014.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2014.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2014.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults: Top Ten, 2014.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Book Club in a Box : Eleanor & Park
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Book Club in a Box : Eleanor & Park
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/kC3-1A6dKhI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/kC3-1A6dKhI/">Book Club in a Box : Eleanor & Park</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>