The Resource The pinballs
- The pinballs
- Statement of responsibility
- Betsy Byars
- You can't always decide where life will take you, especially when you're a kid. Carlie knows she's got no say in what happens to her. Stuck in a foster home with two other kids, Harvey and Thomas J, she's just a pinball being bounced from bumper to bumper. As soon as you get settled, somebody puts another coin in the machine and off you go again. But against her will and her better judgment, Carlie and the boys become friends. And all three of them start to see that they can take control of their own lives
- California Young Reader Medal, Middle School, 1980.
- Georgia Children's Book Award, 1979.
- Mark Twain Award (Missouri), 1980.
- Maud Hart Lovelace Book Award (Minnesota), 1981.
- Surrey Book of the Year Award (British Columbia), 1981.
- William Allen White Children's Book Award (Kansas), 1980.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Ages 8-12
- Literary form
- Target audience
- pre adolescent
ContextContext of The pinballs
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The pinballs
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/jmi6Yii0vQI/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/jmi6Yii0vQI/">The pinballs</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>