The Resource The hate u give
- The hate u give
- Statement of responsibility
- Angie Thomas
- Title variation
- Hate you give
- Police shootings -- Juvenile fiction
- trueRealistic fiction
- Young adult fiction
- truePrep schools
- African Americans -- Juvenile fiction
- trueSixteen-year-old girls
- trueAfrican American fiction
- Teenage girls -- Juvenile fiction
- truePublic relations -- Police
- trueBlack Lives Matter movement
- trueAfrican American teenage girls
- trueInterracial dating
- Police-community relations -- Juvenile fiction
- Race relations -- Juvenile fiction
- Witnesses -- Juvenile fiction
- truePolice shootings
- trueFirst person narratives
- trueTeenage girls
- Racism -- Juvenile fiction
- trueBooks to movies
- Sixteen-year-old Starr lives in two worlds: the poor neighbourhood where she was born and raised and her posh high school in the suburbs. The uneasy balance between them is shattered when Starr is the only witness to the fatal shooting of her unarmed best friend, Khalil, by a police officer. Now what Starr says could destroy her community. It could also get her killed
- Abraham Lincoln Illinois High School Book Award, 2019.
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2017.
- Boston Globe-Horn Book Award for Fiction and Poetry, 2017.
- Buckeye Teen Book Award (Ohio), Grades 9-12, 2018
- Colorado Blue Spruce YA Book Award, 2018.
- Garden State Teen Book Award (New Jersey), Fiction (Grades 9-12), 2019.
- Georgia Peach Book Award for Teen Readers, 2018.
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2017
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Teen Book Category, 2019.
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Young Adult, 2018.
- Kentucky Bluegrass Award for Grades 9-12, 2019.
- Rhode Island Teen Book Award, 2019.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2017
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), High School Books, 2019.
- Thumbs Up! Award (Michigan), 2018.
- William C. Morris YA Debut Award, 2018.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2018.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2018.
- Romantic Times Reviewer's Choice Award, 2017.
- Inky Awards (Australia): Silver Inky, 2018.
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2018
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of The hate u give
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The hate u give
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/evN_uYjYraU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/evN_uYjYraU/">The hate u give</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>