The Resource Enzo races in the rain!
- Enzo races in the rain!
- Statement of responsibility
- Garth Stein with Zoe B. Alley and R.W. Alley ; illustrated by R.W. Alley
- Dogs -- Pictorial works | Juvenile fiction
- Human-animal relationships -- Pictorial works | Juvenile fiction
- trueHuman/animal relationships
- trueLost dogs
- Picture books for children
- trueAutomobile racing drivers
- Automobile racing drivers -- Pictorial works | Juvenile fiction
- Enzo's only excitement consists of chasing the cars that pass the farm where he lives, until he meets Zoe and her father
- K-Gr 2 — Stein's adult novel The Art of Racing in the Rain was published in 2008 and in 2011 was adapted into, Racing in the Rain: My Life as a Dog , for tweens. There's now a picture book to add to the mix, loosely based on Stein's other titles. It's written in Enzo's first-person voice and tells the story of how the dog came to live with Denny. Enzo has always felt more human than canine and that racing cars (as in running next to them) is what made him happiest. So getting to go home with a race car driver and his little girl—"I see that the girl is small—a puppy like me" is perfect. The small backyard was not so perfect, but a gap in the fence is—"There's always a field beyond a fence, isn't there?" Enzo ends up racing through traffic creating a traffic jam, then leading his pursuers on a merry foot chase—"They like to run, too! This is fun!" When a cold rain starts, Enzo finds himself alone and lost but determined like his namesake. Enzo uses his nose and finds his way home for a happy reunion. The spot-on, full-color illustrations have lots of detail and action to move things along. Plus, the facial expressions of both man and beast, ranging from sadness, determination, joy, anger, surprise, and many places in between, add a great boost to the wordy text.—Catherine Callegari, Gay-Kimball Library, Troy, NH --Catherine Callegari (Reviewed July 1, 2014) (School Library Journal, vol 60, issue 7, p77)
- Series statement
- Enzo (Garth Stein)
- Series volume
ContextContext of Enzo races in the rain!
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Enzo races in the rain!
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/epp8OvlmyYU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/epp8OvlmyYU/">Enzo races in the rain!</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>