The Resource George
- Statement of responsibility
- Alex Gino
- Bullying -- Juvenile fiction
- trueBullying and bullies
- trueComing out (Sexual or gender identity)
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- trueGender identity
- Gender identity -- Juvenile fiction
- Middle school students -- Juvenile fiction
- Premier’s Reading Challenge 5-6
- trueSchool children
- trueSchool plays
- trueTransgender children
- Young adult fiction
- When people look at George, they think they see a boy. But she knows she's not a boy. She knows she's a girl. George thinks she'll have to keep this a secret forever. Then her teacher announces that their class play is going to be Charlotte's Web. George really, really, REALLY wants to play Charlotte. But the teacher says she can't even try out for the part ... because she's a boy. With the help of her best friend, Kelly, George comes up with a plan. Not just so she can be Charlotte, but so everyone can know who she is, once and for all
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2016
- Lambda Literary Award for Young Adult/Children, 2016.
- Notable Books for a Global Society, 2016.
- Rainbow List, 2016.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2015
- Stonewall Book Award for Children’s and Young Adult Literature, 2016.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of George
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work George
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/dFlLI5Ju_AU/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/dFlLI5Ju_AU/">George</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>