The Resource Can you hear me?
- Can you hear me?
- Statement of responsibility
- Elena Varvello ; translated by Alex Valente
- trueMissing persons
- trueTranslations -- Italian to English
- Murder -- Fiction
- Italy, Northern -- Fiction
- Italy, Northern -- Social life and customs -- 20th century -- Fiction
- trueInterpersonal relations
- Missing persons -- Fiction
- Teenage girls -- Fiction
- Murder -- Investigation -- Fiction
- trueItaly -- Social life and customs
- Nineteen seventies -- Fiction
- Thrillers (Fiction)
- truePsychological suspense
- trueUnemployed persons
- Small cities -- Fiction
- true1970s -- 1970 -- 1979
- Interpersonal relations -- Fiction
- Detective and mystery stories
- Families -- Fiction
- trueTeenage girls
- Suspense fiction
- trueSmall towns
- 1978. Ponte, a small community in Northern Italy: peaceful woods, discarded rubbish, a closed-down factory. An unbearably hot summer like many others, wilted flowers and trips to the waterfalls. Elia Furenti is sixteen, living in a secluded house with his parents, a life so unremarkable that even its moderate unhappiness has been accepted as normal. That is until the day the beautiful, damaged Anna returns to Ponte and firmly propels Elia to the edge of adulthood. But then everything starts to unravel. Elia's father, Ettore, is let go from his job and loses himself in the darkest corners of his mind. A young boy is murdered, shaking the small community to its core. And a girl climbs into a van and vanishes in the deep, dark woods..
- Awards note
- English PEN Award. Winner 2017.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- no index present
- Language note
- Translated from the Italian
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Can you hear me?
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Can you hear me?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/X6YzxQIRpWM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/X6YzxQIRpWM/">Can you hear me?</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>