The Resource Can you hear me?
- Can you hear me?
- Statement of responsibility
- Elena Varvello ; translated by Alex Valente
- Families -- Fiction
- trueInterpersonal relations
- Interpersonal relations -- Fiction
- trueItaly -- Social life and customs
- Italy, Northern -- Fiction
- Italy, Northern -- Social life and customs -- 20th century -- Fiction
- trueMissing persons
- Missing persons -- Fiction
- Murder -- Fiction
- Murder -- Investigation -- Fiction
- Nineteen seventies -- Fiction
- Detective and mystery fiction
- trueSmall towns
- trueSuspense fiction
- trueTeenage girls
- Teenage girls -- Fiction
- Thrillers (Fiction)
- trueUnemployed persons
- Small cities -- Fiction
- Detective and mystery stories
- 1978. Ponte, a small community in Northern Italy: peaceful woods, discarded rubbish, a closed-down factory. An unbearably hot summer like many others, wilted flowers and trips to the waterfalls. Elia Furenti is sixteen, living in a secluded house with his parents, a life so unremarkable that even its moderate unhappiness has been accepted as normal. That is until the day the beautiful, damaged Anna returns to Ponte and firmly propels Elia to the edge of adulthood. But then everything starts to unravel. Elia's father, Ettore, is let go from his job and loses himself in the darkest corners of his mind. A young boy is murdered, shaking the small community to its core. And a girl climbs into a van and vanishes in the deep, dark woods..
- Awards note
- English PEN Award. Winner 2017.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Language note
- Translated from the Italian
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Can you hear me?
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Can you hear me?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/X6YzxQIRpWM/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/X6YzxQIRpWM/">Can you hear me?</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>