The Resource Book Club in a Box : All the light we cannot see
- Book Club in a Box : All the light we cannot see
- Title remainder
- All the light we cannot see
- Statement of responsibility
- Anthony Doerr
- Title variation
- All the light we can't see
- trueWar and society
- trueSecond World War era (1939-1945) -- 1939 -- 1945
- Saint-Malo (France) -- Fiction
- truePersonal conduct
- truePeople who are blind
- trueAdult books for young adults
- Blind -- Fiction
- Book club in a box
- trueCoastal towns
- trueFamily relationships
- trueFathers and daughters
- trueFrance -- History -- German occupation, 1940-1945
- France -- History -- German occupation, 1940-1945 -- Fiction
- trueGermans in France
- trueGermany -- History -- 1933-1945
- trueHistorical fiction
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueMultiple perspectives
- trueMen/women relations
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Youth -- Germany -- Fiction
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Youth -- France -- Fiction
- trueWorld War II
- Marie-Laure has been blind since the age of six. Her father builds a perfect miniature of their Paris neighbourhood so she can memorize it by touch and navigate her way home. But when the Nazis invade, father and daughter flee with a dangerous secret. Werner is a German orphan, destined to labour in the same mine that claimed his father's life, until he discovers a knack for engineering. His talent wins him a place at a brutal military academy, but his way out of obscurity is built on suffering. At the same time, far away in a walled city by the sea, an old man discovers new worlds without ever setting foot outside his home. But all around him, impending danger closes in
- ALA Notable Book, 2015.
- Alex Award, 2015.
- Andrew Carnegie Medal for Excellence in Fiction, 2015.
- Australian Book Industry Awards, International Book of the Year, 2015.
- Booklist Editors' Choice, 2014.
- Goodreads Choice Award, 2014.
- Indies' Choice Book Awards, Adult Fiction, 2015.
- Library Journal Best Books, 2014.
- LibraryReads Favorites, 2014
- New York Times Notable Book, 2014
- Pulitzer Prize for Fiction, 2015.
- School Library Journal Best Books: Best Adult Books 4 Teens, 2014
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Book Club in a Box : All the light we cannot see
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Book Club in a Box : All the light we cannot see
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/SZpFvqqzAtw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/SZpFvqqzAtw/">Book Club in a Box : All the light we cannot see</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>