The Resource Mrs Frisby and the rats of Nimh
- Mrs Frisby and the rats of Nimh
- Statement of responsibility
- Robert C. O'Brien ; illustrated by Kenny Mckendry
- Title variation
- Secret of NIMH
- Mrs. Frisby and the rats of NIMH
- trueFantasy fiction
- trueMother and child
- trueAnimal fantasy
- trueSick children
- Mice -- Juvenile fiction
- Animal experimentation -- Juvenile fiction
- trueUnited States, National Institute of Mental Health
- trueLaboratory animals
- Rats -- Juvenile fiction
- Animal intelligence -- Juvenile fiction
- trueBooks to movies
- trueRats as laboratory animals
- Mrs Frisby was a mouse whose husband, Jonathan, was dead. And so, when she had a serious problem, she had no one to turn to for help. That is she had no one until a friendly crow took her to a wise old owl, a frightening creature for a mouse to visit. Then at the owl's suggestion, she went to visit the rats who lived under the rosebush. This, too, was a daring undertaking. The rats were an odd and unknown lot. Everyone on Mr. Fitzgibbon's farm knew the rats did strange things
- Yet nothing Mrs. Frisby had heard of the rats was as strange as the truths she discovered about them, and also about her dead husband. Neither these rats nor her husband were ordinary creatures. All had been imprisoned for several years in a laboratory known as NIMH, where various injections had made them wise, long-lived, and inventive. The rats were indeed able to help Mrs. Frisby. And she in turn rendered them a great service
- Mark Twain Award (Missouri), 1973.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 1978.
- Newbery Medal, 1972.
- William Allen White Children's Book Award (Kansas), 1974.
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest), Junior, 1974.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Puffin Modern Classics
- Target audience
ContextContext of Mrs Frisby and the rats of Nimh
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Mrs Frisby and the rats of Nimh
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/Q58HnaRiIP0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/Q58HnaRiIP0/">Mrs Frisby and the rats of Nimh</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>