The Resource Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
- Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
- Statement of responsibility
- by Jesse Andrews
- trueRealistic fiction
- trueTeenage boys
- trueBooks for reluctant readers
- trueFamilies -- Pennsylvania
- trueAlienation (Social psychology)
- truePsychological Fiction
- trueTeenage girls with leukemia
- trueSelf-hate in teenagers
- trueJewish teenagers
- trueHigh schools
- trueSeventeen-year-old boys
- truePittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Young Adult Fiction
- trueTeenage filmmakers
- trueBooks to movies
- Greg Gaines is the last master of high school espionage, able to disappear at will into any social environment. He has only one friend, Earl, and together they spend their time making movies, their own incomprehensible versions of Coppola and Herzog cult classics. Until Greg's mother forces him to rekindle his childhood friendship with Rachel.Rachel has been diagnosed with leukemia—cue extreme adolescent awkwardness—but a parental mandate has been issued and must be obeyed. When Rachel stops treatment, Greg and Earl decide the thing to do is to make a film for her, which turns into the Worst Film Ever Made and becomes a turning point in each of their lives.And all at once Greg must abandon invisibility and stand in the spotlight.'A stonking read, wonderfully rude, filled with enough wit, verve and audacity to power at least twenty novels.'—Phillip Gwynne, author of 'Deadly, Unna?' and 'Swerve'
- Westchester Fiction Award, 2013.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2013.
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2014.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2013.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Me and Earl and the Dying Girl
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/Mh9oqR0i_n0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/Mh9oqR0i_n0/">Me and Earl and the Dying Girl</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>