The Resource The Strange Case of Origami Yoda
- The Strange Case of Origami Yoda
- Statement of responsibility
- Tom Angleberger ; [illustrations by Tom Angleberger and Jason Rosenstock]
- In this funny, uncannily wise portrait of the dynamics of a sixth-grade class and of the greatness that sometimes comes in unlikely packages, Dwight, a loser, talks to his classmates via an origami finger puppet of Yoda. If that weren't strange enough, the puppet is uncannily wise and prescient. Origami Yoda predicts the date of a pop quiz, guesses who stole the classroom Shakespeare bust, and saves a classmate from popularity-crushing embarrassment with some well-timed advice. Dwight's classmate Tommy wonders how Yoda can be so smart when Dwight himself is so clueless. With contributions from his puzzled classmates, Tommy assembles this first case file in the blockbuster bestselling Origami Yoda series, written by Tom Angleberger, author of Star Wars: Return of the Jedi: Beware the Power of the Dark Side, and hailed by School Library Journal as "honest, funny, and immensely entertaining." F&P Level: T F&P Genre: RF
- E.B. White Read-Aloud Awards, Middle Reader (formerly Indies' Choice Book Awards, Middle Reader), 2011.
- Great Lakes Great Books Award (Michigan), Grades 6-8, 2011.
- Land of Enchantment Book Award (New Mexico), Children's category, 2013.
- Nene Award (Hawaii), 2014.
- North Carolina Children's Book Award, Junior Books category, 2012.
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), Children’s Books, 2013.
- Texas Bluebonnet Award, 2012.
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2011
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Series statement
- Origami Yoda books
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of The Strange Case of Origami Yoda
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The Strange Case of Origami Yoda
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/MUKzIOUdBWQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/MUKzIOUdBWQ/">The Strange Case of Origami Yoda</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>