The Resource One hen : how one small loan made a big difference
- One hen : how one small loan made a big difference
- Title remainder
- how one small loan made a big difference
- Statement of responsibility
- written by Katie Smith Milway ; illustrated by Eugenie Fernandes
- truePoor families
- Loans -- Juvenile fiction
- Chickens -- Juvenile fiction
- truePicture books for children
- Farms -- Ghana -- Juvenile fiction
- Ghana -- Economic conditions -- Juvenile fiction
- Sustainable development -- Ghana -- Juvenile fiction
- One Hen is the latest title from the creators of If the World Were a Village, Tree of Life and One Well. It tells the story of Kojo, a young Ghanaian boy who uses a micro loan to buy a chicken, so he can sell the eggs to make money. Through hard work, Kojo soon earns enough to go back to school. He grows up to own his own farm, employing many people in his village and contributing to Ghana's development. The story illustrates how a small loan can have a huge impact on many people's lives if used in the right way. Striking artwork and House that Jack Built-style captions lead the reader through Kojo's progress. At the end of the book, the story of the real-life Kojo is told
- 7 yrs+
- Golden Oak Award (Ontario), 2010.
- Massachusetts Book Awards, Children's/YA Literature Literature Award, 2009.
- USBBY Outstanding International Book, 2009.
- OLA Best Bets, 2008.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Target audience
ContextContext of One hen : how one small loan made a big difference
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work One hen : how one small loan made a big difference
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/Km9svQTvnz0/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/Km9svQTvnz0/">One hen : how one small loan made a big difference</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>