The Resource Little Brother
- Little Brother
- Statement of responsibility
- Cory Doctorow
- Unknown Label
- trueCivil disobedience
- trueCivil rights
- trueElectronic surveillance
- trueMissing persons
- trueNear future
- truePolice questioning
- trueSan Francisco, California
- trueSeventeen-year-old boys
- trueTeenage boys
- Little Brother is a novel by Cory Doctorow, published by Tor Books. It was released on April 29, 2008. The novel is about four teenagers in San Francisco who, in the aftermath of a terrorist attack on the San Francisco–Oakland Bay Bridge and BART system, defend themselves against the Department of Homeland Security's attacks on the Bill of Rights. Little Brother won the 2009 White Pine Award, the 2009 Prometheus Award. and the 2009 John W. Campbell Memorial Award. It also was a finalist for the Hugo Award for Best Novel. Little Brother received the Sunburst Award in the young adult category. The New York Times says, “Little Brother isn't shy about its intent to disseminate subversive ideas to a young audience. The novel comes with two afterword essays by cryptographer and computer security specialist Bruce Schneier, and hacker Andrew "bunnie" Huang, and has a bibliography of techno-countercultural writings, from Jack Kerouac's "On the Road" to Schneier’s "Applied Cryptography." Ebook edition improved by Unglue.it is now available. Listed by Unglue.it
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2008
- Golden Duck Awards: Hal Clement Award for Young Adult
- John W. Campbell Memorial Award for Best Science Fiction Novel, 2009.
- New York Times Notable Children's Book, 2008
- OLA Best Bets, 2008.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2008.
- Sunburst Award for Excellence in Canadian Literature of the Fantastic, 2009.
- White Pine Award (Ontario), 2009.
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 2009
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2011
- Nature of contents
ContextContext of Little Brother
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Little Brother
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/JSoTx0-2h_A/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/JSoTx0-2h_A/">Little Brother</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>