The Resource The end of the homosexual?
- The end of the homosexual?
- Statement of responsibility
- Dennis Altman
- trueGay men -- Political activity
- trueGay men -- Rights
- Gays -- Political activity
- Gays -- Social aspects
- Gays -- Social conditions
- Gays -- Social life and customs
- trueHomosexuality -- Social aspects
- trueLGBTQIA rights -- History
- trueLesbians -- Political activity
- trueLesbians -- Rights
- truePolitical culture -- Australia -- 20th century
- trueSocial change
- trueSocial forecasting
- trueSocial reformers
- trueGender identity
- trueAustralia -- Social conditions -- 21st century
- trueGay and Lesbian Movement
- From the author of the groundbreaking 1971 classic Homosexual: Oppression and Liberation comes a new work reflecting on all that has changed over the past four decades. In The End of the Homosexual? - part memoir/part politics - Dennis Altman connects what has happened within the changing queer world over the past forty years to larger social, political and cultural trends. This is a case study of both local and global change, yet one told from personal experience. Written engagingly, this timely new book explores the idea that major changes in the understanding of sexual and gender diversity reflect larger social and cultural shifts. For example, the internet has changed patterns of sexual behaviour as widely as did the contraceptive pill forty years ago. In both cases the changes were neither foreseen nor intended, and in both cases the impact of new technologies partly depended on political and ideological controls. Homosexuality has become a faultline for debates about western influence, and human rights. In this riveting and personally revealing work, Altman reflects on decades of cultural and political change and considers the future of sexuality: is this the end of the homosexual that gay liberationists predicted forty years ago?
- Dewey number
- index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
ContextContext of The end of the homosexual?
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The end of the homosexual?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/Ifx9NHc6Sew/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/Ifx9NHc6Sew/">The end of the homosexual?</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>