The Resource The end of the homosexual?
- The end of the homosexual?
- Statement of responsibility
- Dennis Altman
- true21st century -- 2001 -- 2100
- Gays -- Political activity
- Gays -- Social aspects
- trueGay men -- Political activity
- Gays -- Social conditions
- true20th century -- 1901 -- 2000
- trueSociety and culture -- LGBTQIA
- trueGay men -- Rights
- trueAustralia -- Social conditions -- 21st century
- truePolitical culture -- Australia -- 20th century
- trueLGBTQIA rights -- History
- trueLesbians -- Rights
- trueGay and Lesbian Movement
- trueSocial change
- Gays -- Social life and customs
- trueAustralian literature
- trueLesbians -- Political activity
- trueHomosexuality -- Social aspects
- trueSocial forecasting
- trueGender identity
- trueSocial reformers
- trueHistory writing -- Australia -- 20th century
- From the author of the groundbreaking 1971 classic Homosexual: Oppression and Liberation comes a new work reflecting on all that has changed over the past four decades. In The End of the Homosexual? - part memoir/part politics - Dennis Altman connects what has happened within the changing queer world over the past forty years to larger social, political and cultural trends. This is a case study of both local and global change, yet one told from personal experience. Written engagingly, this timely new book explores the idea that major changes in the understanding of sexual and gender diversity reflect larger social and cultural shifts. For example, the internet has changed patterns of sexual behaviour as widely as did the contraceptive pill forty years ago. In both cases the changes were neither foreseen nor intended, and in both cases the impact of new technologies partly depended on political and ideological controls. Homosexuality has become a faultline for debates about western influence, and human rights. In this riveting and personally revealing work, Altman reflects on decades of cultural and political change and considers the future of sexuality: is this the end of the homosexual that gay liberationists predicted forty years ago?
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of The end of the homosexual?
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The end of the homosexual?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/Ifx9NHc6Sew/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/Ifx9NHc6Sew/">The end of the homosexual?</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>