The Resource Finnikin of the rock
- Finnikin of the rock
- Statement of responsibility
- Melina Marchetta
- Young adult fiction
- trueFantasy fiction
- trueInheritance and succession
- trueAustralian fiction
- Fantasy fiction, Juvenile
- trueHeirs and heiresses
- trueRoyal houses
- Science fiction -- Juvenile fiction
- trueImaginary kingdoms
- trueHigh fantasy
- trueTeenage heroes and heroines
- At the age of nine, Finnikin is warned by the gods that he must sacrifice a pound of flesh in order to save the royal house of his homeland, Lumatere. He stands on the rock of three wonders with his friend Prince Balthazar and the prince's cousin, Lucian, and together they mix their blood. And Lumatere is safe: but then the unspeakable!
- Aurealis Awards, Best Young Adult Novel, 2008.
- Australian Book Industry Awards, Book of the Year for Older Children, 2009.
- Blue Hen Book Award (Delaware) for Teen Books, 2012.
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2012
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2011
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2010.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Intended audience
- For secondary school students
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Lumatere chronicles
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Finnikin of the rock
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Finnikin of the rock
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/H2IKFyPb7Sw/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/H2IKFyPb7Sw/">Finnikin of the rock</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>