The Resource Ask the passengers
- Ask the passengers
- Statement of responsibility
- a novel by A.S. King
- trueLGBTQIA fiction
- trueRealistic fiction
- Young adult fiction
- trueSmall towns -- Pennsylvania
- Families -- Juvenile fiction
- Love -- Fiction
- High schools -- Juvenile fiction
- Rural teenagers -- Juvenile fiction
- trueMagical realism
- trueGossiping and gossips
- Gossip -- Juvenile fiction
- trueFamily problems
- trueRomance fiction
- Prejudices -- Juvenile fiction
- trueQuestioning (Sexual or gender identity)
- Lesbians -- Juvenile fiction
- trueTeenage girls
- trueTeenage girl/girl relations
- Astrid Jones copes with her small town's gossip and narrow-mindedness by staring at the sky and imagining that she's sending love to the passengers in the airplanes flying high over her backyard. Maybe they'll know what to do with it. Maybe it'll make them happy. Maybe they'll need it. Her mother doesn't want it, her father's always stoned, her perfect sister's too busy trying to fit in, and the people in her small town would never allow her to love the person she really wants to: another girl named Dee. There's no one Astrid feels she can talk to about this deep secret or the profound questions that she's trying to answer. But little does she know just how much sending her love--and asking the right questions--will affect the passengers' lives, and her own, for the better
- Carolyn W. Field Award (Pennsylvania), 2013.
- James Cook Book Award (Ohio), 2013
- Los Angeles Times Book Prize for Young Adult Literature, 2012.
- Rainbow List, 2013.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2012.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2013.
- Awards note
- Los Angeles Times Book Prizes winner.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Target audience
ContextContext of Ask the passengers
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Ask the passengers
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/C72K6qyIrzg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/C72K6qyIrzg/">Ask the passengers</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>