The Resource The English Patient
- The English Patient
- Statement of responsibility
- by Michael Ondaatje
- trueLiterary fiction
- trueHistorical fiction
- trueMen/women relations
- trueSecond World War era (1939-1945) -- 1939 -- 1945
- trueSoldiers -- Great Britain
- trueGreat Britain, Army -- East Indian troops
- trueMilitary nurses
- trueLove triangles
- trueBurn victims
- trueItaly -- History -- 20th century
- trueLoss (Psychology)
- trueExtramarital affairs
- trueCanadian fiction
- trueWorld War II -- Italy
- trueSurvival (after airplane accidents, shipwrecks, etc.)
- trueBooks to movies
- WINNER OF THE GOLDEN MAN BOOKER PRIZE 2018'Magnificent' Sunday Times'The best piece of fiction I've read in years' Independent on SundayThe final curtain is closing on the Second World War and in an abandoned Italian village. Hana, a nurse, tends to her sole remaining patient. Rescued from a burning plane, the anonymous Englishman is damaged beyond recognition and haunted by painful memories. The only clue Hana has to unlocking his past is the one thing he clung on to through the fire – a copy of The Histories by Herodotus, covered with hand-written notes detailing a tragic love affair
- Booker Prize, 1992.
- Commonwealth Writers' Prize, Caribbean and Canada: Best Book, 1993.
- Governor General's Literary Award for English-Language Fiction, 1992.
- Trillium Book Award, 1992.
- ALA Notable Book, 1993.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of The English Patient
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work The English Patient
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/7OalDKQbdco/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/7OalDKQbdco/">The English Patient</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>