The Resource American journeys
- American journeys
- Statement of responsibility
- Don Watson
- trueAustralians in the United States
- trueDemocracy -- United States
- trueNational characteristics, American
- trueRailroad travel
- trueTravelers -- Australia
- trueUnited States -- Politics and government | Philosophy
- trueUnited States -- Social conditions -- 21st century
- Watson, Don, 1949- -- Travel -- United States
- Not long after 9/11 Don Watson wrote a Quarterly Essay about Australia's relationship with the US. Called Rabbit Syndrome, it provoked huge debate -unsurprisingly, given that America is Australia's most important ally. But America is just about everyone's most important ally. So what is it that has made the US so extraordinarily successful? Why do we love it so much yet clearly loathe it at the same time? How can it be so dynamic yet so neglectful of its own citizens, such a land of freedom and oppression all at once?
- Age Book of the Year, 2008.
- Age Non Fiction Award, 2008.
- Walkley Award for Best Nonfiction Book, 2008.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- index present
- Literary form
- non fiction
ContextContext of American journeys
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work American journeys
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/4PtFMrOAHgQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/4PtFMrOAHgQ/">American journeys</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>