The Resource Darius the Great Is Not Okay
- Darius the Great Is Not Okay
- Statement of responsibility
- Adib Khorram
- Title variation
- Darius the Great isn't okay
- Darius the Great is not OK
- Darius the Great isn't OK
- Young Adult Fiction
- trueTeenagers with mental illnesses
- trueTeenage boys
- Social Science
- trueRealistic fiction
- trueMisfits (Persons)
- Lifestyle - Travel
- trueIranian Americans
- trueBooks for reluctant readers
- trueComing-of-age stories
- trueFamily visits
- trueIdentity (Psychology)
- trueInterethnic families
- trueIranian American teenagers
- “Heartfelt, tender, and so utterly real. I’d live in this book forever if I could.” —Becky Albertalli, award-winning author of Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens AgendaDarius Kellner speaks better Klingon than Farsi, and he knows more about Hobbit social cues than Persian ones. He’s a Fractional Persian—half, his mom’s side—and his first-ever trip to Iran is about to change his life. Darius has never really fit in at home, and he’s sure things are going to be the same in Iran. His clinical depression doesn’t exactly help matters, and trying to explain his medication to his grandparents only makes things harder. Then Darius meets Sohrab, the boy next door, and everything changes. Soon, they’re spending their days together, playing soccer, eating faludeh, and talking for hours on a secret rooftop overlooking the city’s skyline. Sohrab calls him Darioush—the original Persian version of his name—and Darius has never felt more like himself than he does now that he’s Darioush to Sohrab. Adib Khorram’s brilliant debut is for anyone who’s ever felt not good enough—then met a friend who makes them feel so much better than okay
- Asian Pacific American Asian Pacific American Award for Literature: Young Adult Literature, 2019.
- Westchester Fiction Award, 2019.
- William C. Morris YA Debut Award, 2019.
- YALSA Best Fiction for Young Adults, 2019.
- YALSA Quick Picks for Reluctant Young Adult Readers, 2020.
- Middle East Book Award, Youth Literature Winner, 2019
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Darius the Great Is Not Okay
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Darius the Great Is Not Okay
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/2bIL7p0X78M/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/2bIL7p0X78M/">Darius the Great Is Not Okay</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>