The Resource Hello!
- Statement of responsibility
- illustrated by Tony Flowers
- Education, Bilingual -- Australia -- Juvenile literature
- trueLanguage and languages -- Study and teaching -- Australia
- Language and languages -- Study and teaching -- Australia -- Juvenile literature
- trueLanguages, Modern -- Pronunciation
- Languages, Modern -- Pronunciation -- Juvenile literature
- trueLanguages, Modern -- Spoken language
- Languages, Modern -- Spoken language -- Juvenile literature
- Multiculturalism -- Austalia -- Juvenile literature
- Murrinhpatha language -- Readers
- trueSecond language acquisition -- Australia
- Second language acquisition -- Australia -- Juvenile literature
- trueBilingual education -- Australia
- Cultural pluralism -- Australia -- Juvenile literature
- Age range 3 to 6 years Yiasou! That's hello in Greek! Or would you like to speak Chinese? What about Italian or Korean? Murinhpatha or Kaurna? Meet 12 Australian friends who can speak different languages. They tell us how to count from 1 to 10, say hello and goodbye and lots of other words in their languages about play, food, hobbies and clothes. Once we've said hello, we can watch Emiko playing the Japanese drum and Pilinh performing an Aboriginal dance. We can see how to make gnocchi with Sophia and flat bread with Amal. This book is an introduction to 12 languages spoken most frequently in Australian homes, plus three Indigenous languages. The languages are: Chinese, Greek, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Kala Lagaw Ya, Kaurna, Korean, Lebanese Arabic, Murrinhpatha, Thai and Vietnamese. Illustrated in a cartoon style, the pictures add humour and fun to language learning. Each language and culture is introduced by a child character - and you might spot a koala or two ... Selamat tinggal! That's goodbye in Indonesian!
- Children's Book Council of Australia: Notable Australian Children's Book, 2017.
- Cataloging source
- Dewey number
- Government publication
- federal national government publication
- no index present
- Intended audience
- For pre-school and primary school age
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Target audience
ContextContext of Hello!
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Hello!
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/1oHyS2CA-iQ/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/1oHyS2CA-iQ/">Hello!</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>