The Resource Percy Jackson and the lightning thief
- Percy Jackson and the lightning thief
- Statement of responsibility
- Rick Riordan
- Title variation
- Lightning thief
- Young adult fiction
- truePreteen boys
- trueFantasy fiction
- trueNew York City
- trueMythological fiction
- trueTwelve-year-old boys
- trueBoys with ADHD
- trueBoy adventurers
- trueLos Angeles, California
- trueJackson, Percy (Fictitious character)
- Mythology, Greek -- Juvenile fiction
- trueFirst person narratives
- Friendship -- Juvenile fiction
- truePoseidon (Greek deity)
- trueGods and goddesses, Greek
- Fathers and sons -- Juvenile fiction
- trueZeus (Greek deity)
- trueBooks to movies
- Percy Jackson is a good kid, but he can't seem to focus on his schoolwork or control his temper. And lately, being away at boarding school is only getting worse-Percy could have sworn his pre-algebra teacher turned into a monster and tried to kill him. When Percy's mom finds out, she knows it's time that he knew the truth about where he came from, and that he go to the one place he'll be safe. She sends Percy to Camp Half Blood, a summer camp for demigods (on Long Island), where he learns that the father he never knew is Poseidon, God of the Sea. Soon a mystery unfolds and together with his friends -- one a satyr and the other the demigod daughter of Athena -- Percy sets out on a quest across the United States to reach the gates of the Underworld (located in a recording studio in Hollywood) and prevent a catastrophic war between the gods
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2006
- Beehive Young Adult Book Award (Utah), 2007.
- Books I Love Best Yearly (BILBY), Older Reader, 2011.
- Georgia Children's Book Award, 2009.
- Golden Sower Award (Nebraska), Young Adult, 2008.
- Grand Canyon Reader Award (Arizona), Tween Book Category, 2008.
- Iowa Teen Award, 2009.
- Maine Student Book Award, 2007.
- Mark Twain Award (Missouri), 2008.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 2008.
- Maud Hart Lovelace Book Award (Minnesota), Division II (Grades 6-8), 2009.
- Nene Award (Hawaii), 2008.
- New York Times Notable Children's Book, 2005
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Intermediate category, 2008.
- Nutmeg Children's Book Award, Teen category, 2008.
- Pennsylvania Young Reader's Choice Awards, Grades 6-8, 2008.
- Rebecca Caudill Young Reader's Book Award (Illinois), 2009.
- Sequoyah Book Awards (Oklahoma), Young Adult Books, 2008.
- South Carolina Book Award, Junior Books, 2008.
- Sunshine State Young Reader's Award (Florida), 2008.
- Virginia Readers' Choice Award for Middle School, 2008.
- YALSA Best Books for Young Adults, 2006
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2008
- YALSA Popular Paperbacks for Young Adults, 2015.
- Young Hoosier Book Award, Middle Books, 2009.
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest), Intermediate, 2008.
- School Library Journal Best Books, 2005.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of Percy Jackson and the lightning thief
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Percy Jackson and the lightning thief
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/1B5uJkm7zcg/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/1B5uJkm7zcg/">Percy Jackson and the lightning thief</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>