The Resource Little Man, What Now?
- Little Man, What Now?
- Statement of responsibility
- Hans Fallada ; translated by Susan Bennett ; afterword by Philip Brady
- trueBetween the Wars (1918-1939) -- 1918 -- 1939
- trueDepression era (1929-1941) -- 1929 -- 1941
- trueDomestic fiction
- trueEconomic development
- trueGermany -- History -- 1933-1945
- trueHistorical Fiction
- trueHolocaust (1933-1945) -- Berlin, Germany
- trueMarried people
- truePoor people
- trueSurvival (Economics)
- trueUnemployed persons
- trueInterpersonal relations
- true1930s -- 1930 -- 1939
- trueBerlin, Germany -- Social conditions -- 1918-1945
- This is the book that led to Hans Fallada's downfall with the Nazis. The story of a young couple struggling to survive the German economic collapse was a worldwide sensation and was made into an acclaimed Hollywood movie produced by Jews, leading Hitler to ban Fallada's work from being translated. Nonetheless, it remains, as The Times Literary Supplement notes, "the novel of a time in which public and private merged even for those whowanted to stay at home and mind their own business."***This is a Hybrid Book.Melville House HybridBooks combine print and digital media into an enhanced reading experience by including with each title additional curated material called Illuminations — maps, photographs, illustrations, and further writing about the author and the book.The Melville House Illuminations are free with the purchase of any title in the HybridBook series, no matter the format.Purchasers of the print version can obtain the Illuminations for a given title simply by scanning the QR code found in the back of each book, or by following the url also given in the back of the print book, then downloading the Illumination in whatever format works best for you.Purchasers of the digital version receive the appropriate Illuminations automatically as part of the ebook edition
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Literary form
- Nature of contents
- Target audience
ContextContext of Little Man, What Now?
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Little Man, What Now?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/00ljaJ_yB18/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/resource/00ljaJ_yB18/">Little Man, What Now?</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.randwick.nsw.gov.au/">Randwick City Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>